Monday 14 November 2011

It's good to talk

Today met with the arts festival chair and worked through an arts funding application. Found out my file of arts funding options was not attached to my email, duh! So will resend that to people tonight.

Decided then to go get some lunch at the noodle place I used to take myself as a treat and I have missed since leaving my last full time role, it was not as good as I remember, maybe it didn't match up to three months of desire. Anyway fuel on board.

Decided then to come into central library and get this job application moving.

Very glad I did as on the way I popped into Arcade Art and met Jacqueline Alkema and discussed her work on show and her practice. As I have every intention of coming to the opening party on Thursday and will be arriving in the middle I will no longer feel on the back foot. Her use of frameless canvases with overlayered deep ground give them a deep velvety appearance which makes the skin of the subjects more luminous. Some of those words are mine and some are her's, it's good to talk.

Talking to those I do know now in the art world in Cardiff is not hard so this should give me confidence for the application as fitting in to the small team does seem to be a big selection criteria whether its listed or not. We'll see

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment