Tuesday 11 October 2011

Hanging Around

So two days helping out in an Art space in a shopping centre. Yesterday I helped hang my first exhibition, gold and enamel works on glass, not the simplest but firstly got it up without damging the work, in a straight line first time and without cutting myself.

Today cleaned and set up the info table and talked to punters, after mastering the art of welcoming people in by not looking them in the eye, sort of counter intuitive for me that.

Last night spent hours on more leaflet design, not sure hwy I chose word and not powerpoint, but lets just say glad it ended. Tweaking tonight and also met organiser yesterday and this afternoon to get an up date on the festival. It's so mad how issues occur then get fixed then new ones appear, its a huge project and no Gant chart in sight. There is organisation but if you really think about it the artists who organise this stuff have an amazing memory to keep track of names dates times and functions of about 100 events. Of course I've learnt about 20 per cent of that and I'm feeling mentally quite full.

Still absolutely certain right area of work, loved meeting the public and now get to do some more bar work at the festival on Saturday. I realy love bar work, shame the pay is normally crap.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment