Monday 3 October 2011

Working from home

I never felt I was cut out for working from home but today I did it.

Thankfully it was a school day but husband and playstation were still in glaring distance. I find it so hard to ignore people. Well people I know, open plan does not work well for me.

After reading more of creating websites for dummies and today the ehow pages on how to create an eflyer I feel in the right frame of mind to grasp new computer techniques. The for dummies books are simplistic and you are not meant to read them word for word but I do. I find the repetition makes it sink in a bit and the tips and other titbits tend to make me go "oh" and tehy make you feel anything but dumb.

I have a friend who loved changing stuff into adobe pdfs, she was the only one on the team allowed and at the time you couldn't read pdfs on your PC if you had the translate into part of teh software. Not sure that is still teh case but found a website you email a word document to and it puts it in a pdf and sends it back to you. It promised 5 minute and did it in 120 seconds. Magic! I used my spam email anyhoo so not scared about all the marketing stuff I'll get deluged with.

My 2 email system did let me down slightly today though. Volunteered via spam mail, repent at leisure. I did say to be texted but all day have been logged into my serious email account only to miss a lets meet up, what time email for the guy who is runing the cardiff arts promotion shop. BUM

I've replied and given other email address but he may now just right me off as a tool.

So predictably whilst working from home, aside from work I achieved:

1.laundry is almost entirely up to date
2.I am bubble bath finger dimpley clean
3. My son got fed a home cooked meal an hour before he was ready for it
4. Found the V and A channel and am now up to date on PostModernism
5. My score on push the button now has me in the top 600 world users

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment