Thursday 13 October 2011

Thursday must be a gallery opening

My place is behind the bar.

Work was ok today, morning dragged but got stride this afternoon, may have been the autumn mist that surprised us this morning not quite dark and cold enough to be hound of the baskervilles more almost narnia in its whiteout eerieness


Had a meeting at milkwood at 6 and if I went home first I'd be late, logged on when I got there to discover local community police that cover roath call it cathays, anyway, I'd given them courtesy run down of all the events this weekend, that went well.


Met quite a few artists who are opening their homes this weekend, how exciting!


Also saw artists I'd seen before, its at the stage where they don't look surprised or horrified, hard to get well known without giving off some stalker warning signs, now that I genuinely turn up places and am doing things its easier to be accepted. I make it clear I have no talent, assume this helps them not feel threatened, I'm actually not sure if they like me less maybe its like saying to Nigel Mansell, prefer horse and cart myself.

An opening, no-ne really looks at the art much, they drink and greet, fascinating to hear all the nstallation happenning whilst waiting and I always speak to artists kids, this is good as saturday may just have a room full of them at The Big Draw. Anyway the cardboard stuff was way more involved than I imagined, will go back and have a proper look.

Finally met the artist and other ceramics students volunteers tonight, they seem just as switched on as Helen said and now they have met me and we have talked plans for about 10 minutes it will be so much easier on saturday.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment