Sunday 2 October 2011

Earning or Learning

I summed it up quite nicely, I need to be doing one or the other.

When I've not been in work I've been reading text books a lot. Currently I'm reading Creating web pages for dummies and An introduction to the philosophy of Art by Richard Eldridge. And for fun Bill Bryson's Shakespeare.

I've been out two nights in a row, first night had a great time with former colleagues, many who are firm friends. It was celebratory and a bit like leaving high school or Uni, more final than my own leaving do for some reason. It brought back that I still need to grieve a bit for the people but also the feeling of desperation to spread my wings from the job. Not that the job was bad, it diminished near the end but just the feeling of such familiarity. In 15 year I did a lot and learnt a lot and took risks and was offerred chances and I created chances but it was all in the one field and with lots of the same culture.

Then last night went to a party with many creative people and realised that there are people with my interests and I talked to so many new people for so long and each conversation was one I hadn't had in the last 15 years. Oh, its good. I need that in my life for some of the time. I have always explored my interests on my own if needed and largely it has been needed, but its nice to share.

I got home after 1 this morning and logged on and volunteered for something else! So I will hopefully meet up with a guy who is having a city centre shop for a week or two to promote the arts in cardiff, very me that.

Also working on some more marketing and its lovely and sunny.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment