Sunday 18 September 2011

Art Prize Planning

So,

Checked emails and texts, sent a thank you to the person who referred me to the Arts festival, did lots of housework and am now tidying up my paperwork. Won't be using my redundancy training money from React now I'm earning, but hard to find time to fit in a web design course, the one I need is about £400 and ideally should do that and one more advanced one. Next course starts January so think I'll reassess nearer Christmas.

I think we the web stuff and the experience gained I'll be more marketable by then anyway.

Also need to check when next XSC meeting is, I think next week and I'm looking forward to it. Its a once a month curators and artists visit a studio and talk about the Artist's practice, you get fascinating insights into the art world from working artists perspective. I'm very grateful to have been invited.

I have learnt that art prizes can make prices go up hugely like winning an Oscar but as you have to pay to enter they seem commercial and can put people off. Many artists judge them by whom will be judging them, this makes sense, get respect from those you respect is a need most of us have.

I'm still tinkering with the thought of my own art prize, very small, for printmaking in Wales but as the waters are choppy, I'm taking a listen and learn approach before getting the feet totally wet.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment