Monday 12 September 2011

Yesterday's blog

Sunday, 11 September 2011


Starting to share

So, since October 2010 I have been dragging myself into the current thinking in Art History, teaching myself what I should have learned at Uni and what has happened to Art Historical thinking since I graduated in 1996.

This was one thing I did in preperation to change careers.

I also read self help books on changing careers and started pestering every art, theatre, circus, comedy or dance venue in south wales, the south west, London and beyond.

Why?

Well I hated a lot of my job as government cuts made helping the customer so hard and I led a team who felt as underappreciated as I did. Suddenly I was thinking why am I earning money just to do a pointless job, why not be poor doing something I believe in? Then redundancy called like a Switzerland to end hellish employment and I took the money and ran.

You find me after 5 weeks of no paid employment, a bit battered and needing a record of what I have learnt about through all of this and with a small scrap of hope remaining of what the future may bring. It's september 11, not a day to feel sorry for yourself, so today I start this new venture in hope that that hope will grow.

I will also share with you my views on texts and exhibits and possibly people I meet and what it's like to be 36 mum of one, with a lovely husband and not much money and no guaranteed future and no guides to the minefield I am trying to enter.

Join me for a laugh or cry or whatever you may find here.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment