Thursday 15 September 2011

Contact Made

So finally after email being down for 2 days got a message from the local Arts Festival who still want me involved and I get to meet them tomorrow after work to chat about my contribution. Suspect would be even better if I had more time to offer but Saturday - Tuesday inclusive in October should help. I will be part time starting on 5th October at the new temp job.

Monday 3rd is still a  gamble, the plan is to travel to London on the sunday, then travel to Brighton in the morning for The Museums Association Conference, not cheap but great networking opportunity. One contact will only lead to more is how I view that one.

Most excitingly had great feedback from my latest internship application failure. I imagine being in a job made it easier to hear but in general I give it to these Arty types they know how to save shove off in a nice way. Actually they said I was a strong contender and it was hotly debated and keep an eye out for other opportunities and apply again.

Work went well today, got to the bottom of the desk, found all the hidden scary things and sussed the filing systems and the expenses and invoice work and finished things! I love to finish things.

Also challenged boss to see that something was possible and kosher and therefore got rid of a headache for him too. Day 4 already speaking up, how me.

Lovely people and 2 weeks is not long enough to find a reason not to like them, yay!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment