Wednesday 14 September 2011

Dress for Success

So today was busy but in a good way, felt challenged and thrown in at the deep end and fretted for about 20 minutes internally but actually went fine.

When I knew redundancy was on the cards I bought shoes. Today I got to wear them to a job not just an interview. Also seems I have been buying a lot of office clothes in my interview prep anxiety.

Today I was meeting the guy I am PA to and I think I must have been nervous because I chose the trimvurate of lucky office charms, my best shoes, my friendship bracelet from my previous boss and my ridicolously expensive swarowski crystal necklace my best mate in work bought me last birthday in case we never see each other again.

Agency rang, I thanked her a lot and said I loved it "they like you too" she said, "really how do you know?" " I have to check" Me thinks my self esteem was still needy.

So finished the stuffing envelopes job, managed diaries and learnt expense forms, booked train tickets via archane paper and web based system. had first 20p Freddie from the onsite staff shop and then back home.

Virgin media email down 2 days running so can't tell you what the Arts Festival said.

Other young temp is off to the Courtauld to study Art History so he is getting all my contact details, always worth sharing what you are up to and asking others about themselves.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment