Monday 26 September 2011

Its a Wonderful Life

Today lots of lovely new colleaugues were encouraging me to apply for permanent positions and saying lovely things like I was efficient and personable. Did virtual full day of filing today and I was getting tobe extremely quick, Thought I hated filing but apparently its just the odd one piece of filing at a time I hate. fiddly and unrewarding, wheras seeing a pile dissppear, well 13 boxes with 6 to go, is extremely satisfying like ironing baby clothes.

It got me to the point of really considering it, its 6 grand less than my last job, lovely office, meaningful work and great holidays, nice distance to travel and so forth and we'd be OK financially but i knwo I'd get stuck, staty there for ever and then all I'd have was she was a civil servant and then worked in admin for research science. Its not bad but its not reflective of me.

I want a battered suitcase with labels on it and my name in Gold letters and hearing ships and train whistles, i've got to get this town out of my hair, there's a run on the bank and all that, Aaaaahhhhh!

Well I've seen the end of that movie and I know I love a lot about Cardiff and I married the right guy and have a lovely kid but please I will get out of the comfort zone and stay positive and focused on "what I want to do" for just a little longer.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment