Monday 12 September 2011

Ups and Downs

Started the day ready to go for a great big anti stress stomp to some serious music, knew I was annoying my loved ones so reckoned get it all out and do everyone a favour. Then my MP3 player died, it just got stuck and said it was playing and nothing was happenning, GRRRRR.

Took my son to school and then set about huffing around the house doing chores, I'd give myself some credit for not watching homes under the hammer but the TV was taken by playstation user 1. The phone rings and it's my internet supplier with a automated message about the engineer who is coming tomorrow.

Next call is a recruitment agency saying would you like this part time 6 week placement that starts 5 October even though it's only £6.25 an hour, yes I say as its great hours 9.30-4.30 three days a week and not too far to travel. If I ever hear back from that local arts festival and the contemporary art gallery I can still volunteer around it.

Then she says would you like 2 weeks full time at £8 an hour, Yes I say, can you get there today? The PA has gone sick? Sure so this afternoon 4 hours of paid work and tomorrow I start at 9. It's only office work and will not add to my knowledge or get me closer to my arts job but it's money in and the sense of achievement just working gives you. Yay!

Then I get home and I can't make my blog work, I try the spam folder as the help on Blogger suggests and there is only an email from the arts festival from 13 THIRTEEN days ago! I was being frustratedly patient all this time. So Top tip, always check your spam files!

Sent of a hasty email saying sorry I missed your invite to chat, it's been in my spam folder, can I come in on the weekend or after 5. I so hope they can, otherwise all in vain.

You will see I am following another blog that is never updated with the same name, please check out the reading list, I shan't copy it across just add new ones. I have read them all and more in the last 11 months. I will be writing about a lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment