Monday 19 September 2011

Monday Blues

Well, it just had to happen for a few hours work just felt like work. Then some positive feedback and I felt better, I'm so needy, just need occassional positive feedback and I'll work like a dog.

Took raspberry cheesecake for lunch, lovely friend made it and brought it over yesterday right after I'd stuffed myself, made them all jealous and it was zingy, but maybe contributed to afternoon slump via sugar crash.

Saw musical friend on way home, well my husband taught him guitar, he had never heard of Made in Roath and I have generally been spreading the word today.

Reading all my email updates, came across the latest Voluntary Arts Network newsletter and one of the things mentioned was learning to sign. I sign BSL but only to young child standard, one of my beautiful nieces is deaf so we all sign some. I am such a natural talker with my hands that it is easy for me. According to her mum I sign when I'm drunk, but I'm coherent. I tried signing before my son could talk, but he never paid it any attention, he learnt hot and that was it. But I did learn Cat in the Hat in sign as it was his favourite and I got a bit bored reading it EVERY night. It's fun to sign, has some great visual sentences and you get to sign kite which is one fo my favourites.

Anyway I offerred to do some school assemblies for promotion so I'm going to practice signing them and teaching some sign phrases, it will be a nice twist and I can cover special schools too in a more inclusive way. Yep that's a definate.

Lesson today is use all you've got

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment